THE ORIGINAL AND MOST COMPREHENSIVE RANGE IN SOUTH AFRICA
We are registered as a healthcare service provider
Claim for your scooter hire through your medical aid
Classic Knee Scooter
- Excellent stability and control when maneuvering
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor use where the surfaces are fairly smooth, the Steerable Knee Scooter features four 7.5″ non-marking rubber wheels, a comfortable 3″ thick contoured knee platform that is left or right-leg compatible, and a free basket.
- The lightweight steerable knee scooter also features handlebars with a quick folding mechanism for easy transport and storage.
- Fully adjustable handlebars and knee platform, this lightweight yet sturdy knee walker offers a robust 130KG weight capacity and is recommended for individuals with heights 5′ – 6’6.
All Terrain Go Hybrid
- The All Terrain GO HYBRID knee walker is designed for the person on the go that won’t let an ankle or foot injury slow them down. Perfect for commuters, travellers, or people that need a compact and portable mobility device to navigate their busy life.
- Basket is included.
- All terrain front tyres enable this compact knee walker to navigate a wide range of terrains.
- Folds in seconds for easy transport: Need to commute in a taxi or bus? Traveling by plane? Have a small car? Want to store your knee walker under your desk? GO HYBRIDis the mobility solution for you.
- Lightweight & portable: The GO HYBRID weighs only 9kg while the front axle and centre frame are designed to fold the knee walker into the most compact size possible.
- Fully adjustable handlebars and knee platform, this lightweight yet sturdy knee walker offers a robust 130kg weight capacity and is recommended for individuals with heights 5′ to 6’4″.
All Terrain Knee Rover
- The All Terrain KNEEROVER is easy to use across various types of terrain including trails, parks, grass and gravel. It is the most versatile and advanced steerable knee scooter in the industry – establishing a new level of durability and freedom of mobility for individuals who cannot bear weight on their foot or ankle, yet want to remain active.
- Maximum stability and control when maneuvering – these steerable knee walkers offer an advanced automotive style tie-rod steering mechanism (not available on most knee walkers) and an adjustable locking handbrake.
- Fully adjustable knee platform and handle bars with easy folding mechanism for simple transport and storage of rolling knee walker. Heavy duty double bar construction offers unprecedented strength and stability for a knee scooter. All Terrain KneeRover offers a 150kg weight capacity and is recommended for individuals with heights 5’6″ – 6’5″.
All Terrain Quad
- The KneeRover® QUAD is the Next Generation knee walker, providing the ultimate in comfort, stability and all terrain freedom. Equipped with an industry first – FOUR 12″ air filled tires, the KneeRover®QUAD is perfect for navigating any terrain with ease.
- Basket is included
- Ideal for individuals recovering from injury or surgery to the foot, ankle or lower leg as well as below the knee amputees. The KneeRover® QUAD is an excellent alternative to crutches and offers the most versatility among knee walkers.
- Maximum stability and control when maneuvering – this steerable knee walker offers an advanced automotive style tie-rod steering mechanism and a proven drum braking system.
- Fully adjustable knee platform and handle bars with premium easy folding mechanism for simple transport and storage.
- Lightweight yet heavy duty frame offers unprecedented strength and stability for a knee scooter. The All TerrainKneeRover® QUAD knee walker offers a 150kg weight capacity and is recommended for individuals with heights 5′ – 6’4″.
All Terrain Pro
- Experience maximum freedom and performance with the All Terrain KneeRover® PRO knee scooter – the most advanced knee walker for individuals who cannot bear weight on their foot or ankle, yet want to remain active.
- Basket is included
- Maximum stability and control when maneuvering – this steerable knee walker offers an advanced automotive style tie-rod steering mechanism (not available on most knee walkers) and an adjustable locking handbrake. This model also includes the new KneeRover® Stabilizer training wheel for maximum stability and control.
- This revolutionary new design features integrated Shock Technology for maximum ride comfort on any terrain.
- This indoor – outdoor All Terrain knee walker is an excellent alternative to crutches and features 12″ diameter off-road pneumatic tires designed to easily traverse grass, sidewalks, gravel and dirt with incredible ease and agility.
- Whether you are at home, at work, on the trail, or on the town, the KneeRover® Pro ALL TERRAIN knee walker will keep you on the move, safely navigating everyday life with ease and adding a little fun along the way.
Paediatric / Small Adult
The first paediatric steerable knee scooter designed specifically for kids and smaller adults who cannot bear weight on their foot or ankle, yet want to remain active and mobile.
- Provides excellent stability and safety with its sturdy dual bar design, unique 4-wheel frame, adjustable handbrake and rear drum brake.
- Lightweight and portable thanks to its simple folding mechanism that utilizes an easy to use thumb-release lever.
Recommended for children and small adults with heights 3’9″ to 5’6″.
Steerable Seated Scooter
Seated mobility scooter features a large gel padded seat, ergonomic rubber hand grips, and a convenient front leg platform that allows the patient to rest in comfort while elevating the non-weight bearing leg.
Quick folding mechanism for easy transport and storage. It also comes with four 7.5″ non-marking rubber wheels, and a free basket.
A robust 130kg weight capacity and is recommended for individuals with heights 5’0″ – 6’6″.
- Aluminium shower chair
- Non-slip reduces the risk of the shower chair moving in the shower.
- Height adjustable
- Rubber non-slip feet
- Offers support and stability
- Cushions and elevates the leg post-operatively
SEALCUFF WATERPROOF CAST COVER
- Lets you shower or bathe without getting your cast/bandage wet
- Water tight fit and reusable
How to fold your knee scooter
Knee Scooter In Action
Recommended By Orthopaedic Surgeons and Physiotherapists
I have been recommending the knee scooter to my patients who undergo complex foot and ankle surgeries and who are strictly non-weight bearing for the first few weeks post-operation.
This is critical for a successful outcome for the operations. A small cost to outlay in order to prevent complications which will then be more costly in the long-term.
It enables the patients a degree of independence in that they are able to attend to their own toilet needs and get about their homes unaided. The need for hiring carers or having family members take time off work to attend to their needs is negated.
The knee scooter takes up less space than a wheelchair and is less cumbersome. It can be folded to fit in the boot of a car, allowing the patients to go about their daily business sooner.
The knee scooter has a small basket on the front and this allows the patients to carry small articles, ie books, notebooks, laptops. The design reduces the stress that crutches would put on the arms and shoulders.
The knee scooter can be used as a support for the limb, when the patient is seated in a normal chair.
The Kneescooter has become an integral part of the post-operative management of elective foot surgery as well as trauma surgery.
Foot surgery is unique as it often requires fusion of joints or osteotomies of foot bones.
These procedures require protracted periods of non-weight bearing to allow the bones to unite.
Unfortunately most of our patients cannot spend a whole day on crutches and therefore become immobile and this may lead to further complications, such as deep vein thrombosis.
The Kneescooter has revolutionised the post-operative management. Patients can now be fully mobile on most level surfaces.
There is no doubt that in my practise the complication rates of non-unions and mal-unions have decreased dramatically since the advent of the Kneescooter.
I found that patients of all ages are able to manage the Kneescooter with little risk of falling or causing any damage to the area of surgery.
The Kneescooter is fully adjustable, stable, safe and totally unloads the area of surgery in foot.
I therefore highly recommend that the Kneescooter is used post operatively in all patients who requires periods of non-weight bearing mobilisation.
For patients that have to be non-weight bearing use of the knee walker is the best route to go.
This is a benefit for the elderly patients who are unable to use a frame or walker. We have received excellent feedback from patients that have use the knee walker.
It is important for self-employed people who need it for long distances.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further enquiries.
An overdue HUGE thank you for the opportunity to rent the 4×4 Knee Rover Scooter! My husband Sam had torn his left Achillies Tendon off playing soccer and had surgery early Nov 2019. Sam is a medical Doctor and we have two very active young sons.
I myself am a Physiotherapist and realised immediatley the benefit of the Scooter as regards mobility and independance, but more importantly just how much this was to rescue Sam’s already rugby-injured shoulders from the weight-bearing and poor postural implications of crutches!
Thank you for the wonderful ease of communication with you, as well as the efficient and problem-free delivery of the Scooter to Plettenberg Bay.
I will most definitely recommend your product to my own patients who might require this aid.
I highly recommend using a knee scooter for a foot/ankle injury and in post-operative recovery.
It greatly increases independence and protection of the surgical site.
In a recent patient survey, the vast majority of patients who had used both crutches and a scooter (99/101 patients) reported that they would choose a scooter over crutches every time.